Please note that the recent deluge is not affecting the hotels or the campus, so you will be fine when you arrive in Sydney! Here is the latest version of the conference programme including the planned scheduling of the talks.
Sponsorship for the conference is provided by the Atlantic Association for Research in the Mathematical Sciences, ACENET and Cape Breton University.
To register for the conference, please fill out this Google Form before October 11th. If you wish to attend the banquet please register before October 5th. Payment will be received on site when you arrive or can be done via Paypal in advance.
The registration desk will be at the Great Hall in the CE building, which is number 19 on this Campus Map. Parking should be available adjacent to there or outside buildings 20, 13 or 7, and costs $1 per day, although we are still trying to get free parking for all participants. The programming competition will be held in building 21.
- Banquet: October 5th
- CS programming contest: October 6th
- Registration and submission of abstracts: October 11th
- Math contest: October 11th
There will be five kinds of student presentations:
- Computer Science
Please send your abstract to George Chen (George_Chen@cbu.ca). Each person can talk for up to 20 minutes including Questions and Answers. The top one or top three (depends on group size) will win a cash prize ($100, $75 and $50).
Note that Celtic Colours is finishing the same weekend so it may be harder than usual to find somewhere to stay, so please book early. All the hotels below are on the harbour away from downtown, but still only 15 minutes away by car.
- Comfort Inn Sydney: The cost is $119.99 and rooms must be booked before September 21st. Phone: (902) 562-0200
- Martin Arms Hotel: An historic house modernised into a hotel. Rooms are still available as of September 16th. Phone: 1-866-999-6700
- Travelodge Sydney: We have reserved a block of rooms until September 30th, and they can be reserved for the Thursday or Saturday nights as well if needed. The price is $129 per night and this includes a full breakfast, parking, wifi, etc. Phone: 1-902-539-6750
AARMS session on Partial Differential Equations: Regularity, Numerics, and Applications.
Science Atlantic Mathematics Competition
The Science Atlantic Math competition is a mathematical problem solving competition written at the annual Science Atlantic Mathematics and Statistics meeting. These rules shall govern the administration of the competition.
Entries for the programming competition must be received by October 5th and the coaches of the teams should register their students using this link
Details of the invited lectures are on this subpage
If you have questions please contact George_Chen@cbu.ca.