A 4-year Double Major Degree in Biology and another Science Discipline requires:
1. Core Courses – 18 credits
- 6 credits English at 1000 and/or 2000 level
- 6 credits PHIL2221 and PHIL2223
- 6 credits MATH: To fulfil the mathematics requirement students must include 3 credits from MATH1101, MATH1105, or MATH1109 plus three additional credits from any MATH course other than MATH1107, MATH1208, MATH1114, MATH1215 and MATH1216.
2. Biology Major – 54 credits
- 18 credits BIOL1101, BIOL1601, BIOL2101, BIOL2211, BIOL2503, BIOL3601.
- 36 credits additional BIOL courses of which 21 credits must be at the 3000 level or higher, including at least 6 credits at the 4000 level.
3. Area of Second Major – 36 credits
- All from one science other than Biology (CHEM, GEOL, MATH, MSIT, NUTR, PHYS, or PSYC). If Math, then 6 credits of MATH in the core will be replaced by 6 credits of science electives.
*Must include at least 9 credits above the 2000 level, with at least 3 of these at the 4000 level.
4. Free electives – 12 credits
5. An average of 65% in courses in area of first major in last three years of program.
6. An average of 60% in courses in area of second major in last three years of program
7. An average of 60% over the entire 120 credit program.
8. 3 credits of Organic Chemistry must be included in one of the following categories: area of second major or free electives.
A degree with honours in the area of the first major and major in the area of the second major may be awarded where the additional requirements for the 4-year BSc degree with honours have been met.