A Foundation For Your Future
The School of Arts and Social Sciences (SASS) provides a strong foundation for the future you want. With an extraordinary range of studies, you can pursue your interests, build on your talents and find your niche. Whether it is full-time, part-time, three or four years, SASS degrees and programs are flexible. You tailor your education to fit you.
CBU’s School of Arts and Social Sciences comes with a lot of unique opportunities:
- Small classes, taught by passionate faculty, give students the chance to do research in their first year.
- Community-oriented and experiential learning at the forefront of most degrees and programs.
- Co-op Programs, Internships, Work Placements and Exchanges offered nearby or abroad.
- Close community relationships through volunteering hours, in-field research or community-based projects.
- Degrees and programs based around developing a competitive advantage for students in postgraduate programs or the job market.
All SASS degrees and programs have the same goal of setting you up to succeed in a field that’s right for you.
Degrees and Programs
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts and Science in Environment
- Bachelor of Arts Community Studies
SASS offers diplomas and certificates depending on your degree structure and course selection. Depending on your degree set-up, you can pursue:
- A Diploma in Public Administration and Management
- Certificates in Theatre Arts, Ethnomusicology, Heritage Studies, Public Administration, and Social Research.
Talk to your Academic Advisor about how to get the most out of your degree.
Letter from the Dean
Welcome to the School of Arts & Social Sciences!
Everyone is different; education is a personal journey. Therefore, we offer a variety of ways to structure your degree. Depending on what you’re looking for, you can take a SASS degree in three or four years with options of honours, a major, double major, minor, or a concentration. Develop a combination that’s right for you by talking to your Enrolment Services Professional!
One of the greatest thing about SASS is the opportunity to apply in-class learning in real-life situations outside of the classroom. These opportunities include co-ops, internships, work placements, exchanges and much more.
The Boardmore Playhouse, CBU Art Gallery, and Beaton Institute, just to name a few, are the envy of other small universities. These arts and culture facilities open doors to internships, summer employment, extra-curricular activities, volunteer work, and exciting career paths you may never have thought of.