Change the neighbourhood, the world, or the organization with North America’s only MBA in Community Economic Development.
Now offered in Sydney, Toronto, Kingston, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, and Whitehorse.
A desire for change is what steered you here to Cape Breton University, to the Shannon School of Business and our innovative MBA in Community Economic Development (CED). The only MBA program in the Americas with community at its core; one that delivers advanced business knowledge and skills to make a difference in the local and global community.
Our one-of-a kind MBA in CED is designed for a new generation of leaders; for learners who aspire to be instruments of change in the public and corporate sectors and in not-for-profit organizations. Our MBA in CED offers a leading edge curriculum that includes all business subjects found in traditional MBA programs, with an emphasis on economic development, leadership, governance, and management of change. Specializing options include electives in Strategic Leadership, Peace Building, Public Administration, First Nations, Sustainability or International Business.
One MBA program, multiple convenient delivery options
CBU’s MBA in Community Economic Development program is delivered in 6 locations, in quality face-to-face classes, with acclaimed faculty from across Canada. Whether you are a working professional or a recent graduate, there is a part-time or full-time offering with the right schedule for you. CBU’s MBA in CED is a flexible option regardless of your location. You can earn your MBA over two years if you take classes on alternate weekends at one of the listed locations or over 26 months if you spend three July residencies on campus in Sydney or over one year if you attend full time:
- Sydney: Part-time short-residency format (Three July residencies, 26 months); Full-time (12 months – Sep, Jan, July starts)
- Toronto: Part-time, alternate weekend format, next start Sep 2017 (24 months)
- Kingston: Part-time, alternate weekend format, next start Jan 2018 (26 months)
- Saskatoon: Part-time, alternate weekend format, next start Jan 2018 (26 months)
- Calgary: next start January 2018
- Edmonton: Part-time, alternate weekend format , next start Sep 2017 (24 months)
- Whitehorse: Part-time, alternate weekend format, next start Sep 2017 (24 months)