Become a Change Agent with Education for Sustainability
The Master in Education with a focus on Sustainability, Creativity and Innovation (SCI) provides educators with the core competencies to become leaders in sustainability education. The program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to create transformative learning opportunities for others.
The M. Ed. (SCI) is designed for both formal and non-formal educators, administrators, innovators, classroom teachers, and environmental, community, and sustainability leaders. This M. Ed. (SCI) utilizes the competencies for Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) that have been defined by the United Nations and emphasizes the significance of utilizing a holistic approach that enables the learner to envision change and engage in personal and professional transformation. Applying these sustainability principles with creativity and an entrepreneurial orientation contributes to well-being for all, sustainably.
This program is being offered by Cape Breton University, in partnership with Learning for a Sustainable Future (LSF).
- Flexible online course delivery
- Designed for part-time study
- Can be completed in 36 months
- Option of course work only (non- thesis) or a thesis route. See program layout and course descriptions here.
- Non-thesis students complete seven core graduate courses (21 credits) and three graduate elective courses (3 credits per course)
- Thesis students complete five core graduate courses (3 credits each); two graduate electives (3 credits each), and a thesis (9 credits)
- Curriculum is a total of 30 credits
*This program is recognized for salary reclassification purposes by Manitoba Education and Advanced Learning.
*At this time we are unable to accept applications from anyone from the Maritime provinces due to the educational review.
*At the present time we are seeking approval with MPHEC
Application deadline: May 1st, 2017
Next intake begins: September, 2017
- Why an M. Ed. in SCI?
- Tuition and Financing
- Admission Requirements and Process
- Why CBU?
- Apply Now (Statement of Intent)