Be A Part of Your Community Fabric
Bachelor of Arts Community Studies (BACS) gives you the tools to play an active role in your community. This program is flexible, tailored to the future you want and the role you want to play. Whether you’re after a career in law enforcement, health and wellness, or want to become a business leader in your community, BACS is an academic journey built around your unique interests and personal motivation with the end goal of a fulfilling career.
Why a Bachelor of Arts Community Studies at CBU?
A degree based on life experiences and self motivation.
- You take control of your education by curating an experience that works for you through flexible course loads, diverse academic fields and a customizable degree structure.
- The process-based learning approach of the Core Community Studies courses are part of what makes BACS a distinctive degree. These core courses arm you with skills to be an engaged citizen and a confident contributor in your community.
- Choose an academic field like Anthropology, Communication or Mathematics to specialize your degree, find your niche and become an expert in your field
- Select a major that is career-focused from the very beginning, like Sport & Physical Activity Leadership to pursue your passion for sports or a Music major to help break into the industry.
- Choose how you learn through participatory education, self-directed learning and creative problem solving with professors facilitating your progress every step of the way.
- Gain real life experience through Work Placements, supplementing your education with hands-on learning and preparing you for work-life balance after graduation.